Last updated: 25 September 2020
SI:REDUX is an online stock market trading game designed to be used as a learning aid by teachers of students aged around 13-19 years old. The game is open to anyone, but is primarily aimed at teachers of secondary school pupils in the UK to use as a replacement for the Student Investor Challenge which is sadly not going ahead in 2020/21.
- Simple: SI:REDUX is designed to be easy to understand and easy to integrate with your lessons. It’s not a fully featured stock market simulation, it’s first and foremost a learning tool to help teach the basics of how stock markets work.
- Designed for teachers: We will be including a host of supporting materials to support use of SI:REDUX.
- 2020-friendly: We’re living in difficult and unpredictable times, so we’re designing SI:REDUX to be as flexible as possible for easy use in groups face-to-face, over Zoom lessons or individually online by students.
- Privacy respecting: Websites are increasingly data-hungry and it’s not a trend that we like, so we promise to only collect the data that we need to run the challenge. That means the bare minimum from teachers and nothing at all from your students, ever. We also don’t allow any third-party tracking on the site – no Google, no Facebook, no Twitter, nothing. read more
Who runs SI:REDUX?
SI:REDUX is a product of Refined Practice KlG, a small business registered in Switzerland in the Canton of Zurich Commercial Register as a partnership (‘Kollektivgesellschaft’) with company number CH-020.2.006.701-2. You can read our entry on the Zurich business register here.
Refined Practice’s partners ran the online phase of the Student Investor Challenge from 2003 until it closed in 2020. We were devastated when we heard that is was not going ahead in 2020/21 as we know that thousands of teachers in the UK and across the world use the challenge in their business studies, maths and economics lessons. Given the difficult times we are currently living through mean that access to flexible learning resources is more important than ever we decided that we couldn’t leave you all in the lurch so we’ve launched SI:REDUX to fill the gap.
When will the SI:REDUX game run?
We plan to launch the first version of the game in late September 2020. The game will run until at least mid-December 2020 – if we can generate sufficient support we will run the game until the end of June 2021 and annually from September-June thereafter.
How can I get involved?
- If you are able, please support us by making a donation below.
- If you are interested in sponsoring SI:REDUX or advertising on the site please email firstname.lastname@example.org.